Friday, February 27th, 2015
Partners in Education Foundation for the Santa Fe Public Schools seeks a Program Director for its award-winning ArtWorks program. The Program Director will coordinate, oversee, document and monitor the program. Position reports to Executive Director. See position description below.
Highly organized; ability to handle multiple tasks and work on deadline.
Ability to work with diverse populations, including teachers, students, parents, donors, etc.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Fundraising experience, budgeting, event-planning.
Facility with MS Word and Excel.
Familiarity with Santa Fe Public Schools a plus.
Familiarity with local arts organizations desirable.
Approx. 30 hrs./wk to start
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or mail to:
Partners in Education Foundation
PO Box 23374
Santa Fe, NM 87502
ArtWorks Program Director – Position Description
ArtWorks is a program that serves Santa Fe Public Schools (SFPS) elementary school educators and students, modeled on the Lincoln Center Institute for Arts Education. The program offers professional development workshops to teachers (currently working with approximately 60 SFPS teachers), and provides trained Teaching Artists (TAs) to work with the teachers and their students. Classroom units of study are based on experiencing a live work of art (performance or exhibit), and include in-class workshops led by a teaching artist before and after a field trip to a museum or performance.
The ArtWorks Program Director works closely with Partners’ board and staff, ArtWorks Artistic Director, and Arts Education Committee, and maintains relationships with current and prospective teachers and TAs, visual and performing arts partners, venues, donors, volunteers, service providers, the City of Santa Fe, school district administrators and principals.
The ArtWorks Program Director:
• Coordinates, oversees, documents and monitors the program.
• Works closely with Artistic Director on artistic aspects of the program, including training and program design.
• Negotiates and administers annual Teaching Artist contracts.
• Provides administrative support for professional development training for Santa Fe elementary school teachers and Teaching Artists.
• Prepares, tracks, and oversees annual budget for ArtWorks program.
• Oversees strategic planning for the program, including planning for future growth and expansion.
• Maintains program-related records, statistics, materials and supplies.
• Assists in writing grants and prepares all grant reports.
• Facilitates monthly meetings of Arts Education Committee; recruits new members.
• Coordinates evaluation efforts through UNM and SurveyMonkey.
• Creates a year-end report documenting the program activities of the previous year.
• Coordinates publication and distribution of an annual poetry review of children’s poetry created through ArtWorks.
• Coordinates, with City of Santa Fe Arts Commission, an annual art show of student art at the Community Gallery.
• Represents the program in the community, including advocacy and community relations.
• Plans events and participates in fundraising efforts.